Reports To: Chief Information Security Officer & Executive Vice President, Technology
Location: Chicago, IL
Join an innovative and fast-paced team that is focused on creating software to allow litigation and investigative professionals to use advanced techniques and artificial intelligence to filter millions of documents down to those most important to their case. Our technology solves challenging problems including data visualization, machine learning, distributed systems, large databases, and large-scale data processing. We primarily offer a SaaS solution, but have a diverse offering that may run in client-owned or other diverse environments.
We code primarily in the Microsoft stack, specifically, C#, ASP.Net, and MS SQL. Our infrastructure is primarily in the AWS cloud. If you don’t know it all, that’s okay. We are looking for security generalists that can bring experience and diverse knowledge to our team. Our hiring staff are not focused on playing technology experience Bingo but want to find the best information security engineers.
We implement a risk-driven security program and aren’t just focused on compliance. We are thoughtful about our design to ensure that our clients can use software that provides a valuable and secure experience. You will have the opportunity to shape our offerings and the company while working as an integral part of a dynamic technical team that is focused on building a great product, learning every day, and having a lot of fun.
To be successful, you should be able to contribute to all phases of the security program lifecycle including specification, design, implementation, and maintenance. You must be willing to learn the discovery industry and quickly integrate new technologies into your repertoire.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop information security plans, policies, and procedures
- Implement controls and other security technology
- Harden existing network, systems, tools, and software
- Perform risk assessment and test for vulnerabilities
- Be involved in the product development lifecycle to ensure that security is ingrained in product from design to implementation
- Monitor for and investigate information security incidents
Special Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Training
- Knowledge of risk assessment tools, technologies, and methods
- Experience designing secure networks, systems, and application architectures
- Knowledge of disaster recovery, computer forensic tools, and other investigative methods
- Experience developing security policies, standards, and procedures
- Experience with standards such as ISO 27001, NIST 800-53, and SOC 2
- An eagerness to learn, explore, and introduce new technologies
- Authorization to work in the United States
Education & Experience
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent coursework preferred
- Security certification such as CISSP or OSCP preferred
- Professional experience in a system administration role supporting multiple platforms and applications
- Experience with developing web applications using a Microsoft stack, specifically, C#, ASP.Net, and MS SQL
- Experience in a scripting language (Python, Ruby, Perl, etc.)
- Experience with containerization and container orchestration frameworks
- Good writing and communication skills
- Understanding of Linux and cloud technologies
- Competitive salary
- Company-contributed health insurance
- Fifteen vacation days plus ten flexible federal holidays
- Work in the heart of Chicago near a plethora of amenities and public transit
- Take advantage of mentoring, career development, and other learning opportunities
- Select your hardware and platform
Reveal, founded in 2008, gives law firms, corporate legal departments and service providers eDiscovery and investigation software and services tailored for global use. A highly scalable, cloud-based solution, it offers 19 data centers worldwide, compliance with international data privacy protocols, multilingual user interfaces, the automatic detection of more than 160 languages and worldwide consulting and support services. Reveal creates productivity with a familiar interface and intuitive design so that legal professionals can focus on review, not training. The company is headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, with additional offices in Washington, DC, and Dublin, Ireland.
This job description reflects the present requirements of the position. As duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and subject to amendment.