Reports To: Chief Information Security Officer & Executive Vice President, Technology
Location: Chicago, IL
Join an innovative and fast-paced team building software and infrastructure that allows litigation professionals to filter millions of documents down to those most important to their case using advanced techniques and artificial intelligence. From your seat in Downtown Chicago, you’ll be managing and developing infrastructure that addresses complex challenges such as data visualization, machine learning, distributed systems, large databases, and large-scale data processing.
We are primarily looking for engineers that can help us develop our SaaS infrastructure capabilities. This person will assist us in building the next generation of our multi-tenant, scalable infrastructure. If you don’t know it “all,” you won’t be alone! We are seeking generalists that can bring experience and diverse knowledge to our team, not just hyper-focused specialists. Our hiring staff are not focused on playing “technology experience bingo” but want to find the best complements for our team.
As far as the process itself, we don’t want to just check the boxes to be able to say that we have the most (or even the snazziest) features. Rather, we are thoughtful about our design and focused on ensuring that our clients have software that is both useful and useable. You won’t be buried in a dark corner – you’ll have the opportunity to actively shape the software and architecture, while working as an integral part of a dynamic team of individuals who are focused on learning every day and having a lot of fun.
To be successful, you should be able to contribute to all phases of the architecture lifecycle including specification, design, implementation, and maintenance. You must be willing to learn the discovery industry and quickly integrate new technologies into your repertoire.
- Experience with Linux and Windows architectures
- Instinctive understanding of networking and fundamental computer science concepts
- Driven to build modern systems that are scalable, flexible, and elastic
- An eagerness to learn, explore, and introduce new technologies
- Must be able to work on-site in Downtown Chicago.
- Must have authorization to work in the United States
- BS or MS in Computer Science, or equivalent coursework
- Experience on a DevOps / DevSecOps team
- Experience with AWS, Azure, or other cloud platforms
- Experience with developing architectures
- Experience in a scripting language (Python, Ruby, Perl, etc.)
- Experience with containerization and container orchestration frameworks such as Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience with continuous deployment frameworks such as Jenkins
- Good writing and communication skills
- Competitive salary
- Company-contributed health insurance
- Fifteen vacation days plus ten flexible federal holidays
- Work in the heart of Chicago near a plethora of amenities and public transit
- Take advantage of mentoring, career development, and other learning opportunities
- Casual work environment
- Select your hardware and platform
Reveal, founded in 2008, gives law firms, corporate legal departments and service providers eDiscovery and investigation software and services tailored for global use. A highly scalable, cloud-based solution, it offers 19 data centers worldwide, compliance with international data privacy protocols, multilingual user interfaces, the automatic detection of more than 160 languages and worldwide consulting and support services. Reveal creates productivity with a familiar interface and intuitive design so that legal professionals can focus on review, not training. The company is headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, with additional offices in Washington, DC, and Dublin, Ireland.
This job description reflects the present requirements of the position. As duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and subject to amendment.