Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
Location: Chicago, IL
Join an innovative and fast-paced team that is focused on creating software to allow litigation and investigative professionals to use advanced techniques and artificial intelligence to filter millions of documents down to those most important to their case. Our technology solves challenging problems including data visualization, machine learning, distributed systems, large databases, and large-scale data processing. We primarily offerSaaS solutions but have a diverse offering that may run in client-owned or other diverse environments.
As an Accounting Manager, you will lead and motivate accounting staff members and increase department accuracy and efficiency. The Accounting Manager will delegate, supervise, and participate in accounting department tasks, oversee the recording, tracking, and reporting of financial information, hire, train, and motivate accounting staff members, develop and implement department controls and procedures, and ensure that the department operates efficiently without sacrificing accuracy. To succeed in this role, you should be analytical, detail-oriented, and honest. The ideal candidate should possess excellent leadership and interpersonal skills as well as strong understanding of accounting and management principles and financial legislation
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee and manage the general accounting functions, including, but not limited to: accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, and taxes
- Responsible for the month-end close, preparation of monthly financial statements and supporting reconciliations and analysis
- Prepare reporting for various tax compliance needs and liaising with tax advisors.
- Take primary lead for preparation of financial audit supporting schedules
- Assess current practices and procedures, create written documented procedures and make recommendations for improvements
- Acquisition due diligence and subsequent transition into existing operations experience a plus.
- Prepare, review, and analyze financial statements to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Perform ad hoc analysis and projects as requested
- Develop staff by managing performance, setting goals, providing ongoing training, and maintaining strong employee relationships
- Work with external auditors to ensure correct and timely closing and reporting at year-end.
Special Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Training
- Thorough knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities across all level of an organization
- Strong leadership skills with a dedication to driving and achieving results
- Knowledge of employee relationship building and performance management techniques.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills. Experience with other financial systems.
Education & Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA or MBA preferred.
- Experience: Minimum 5-10 years of progressive accounting experience with a portion of it being in a supervisory role.
Reveal is the industry’s only eDiscovery platform powered by artificial intelligence. As a cloud-based software provider, Reveal offers the full range of processing, early case assessment, review, infrastructure and artificial intelligence capabilities. Reveal clients include law firms, Fortune 500 corporations, legal service providers, government agencies and financial institutions in more than 40 countries across five continents. Featuring deployment options in the cloud or on-premise, an intuitive user design, multilingual user interfaces and the automatic detection of more than 160 languages, Reveal accelerates legal review, saving users time and money. For more information, visit http://www.revealdata.com.
This job description reflects the present requirements of the position. As duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and subject to amendment.